Foxconn Industrial Internet (Fii) provides innovative design and advanced manufacturing capabilities through Artificial Intelligence driven solutions. Dedicated to the expansion of AI-driven platforms, Fii centers around Cloud Based Computing, Big Data, High-Speed Networks, Automation, and Industry 4.0 methodology. Join an expansive network of professionals who embody an entrepreneurial spirit that works together within a company culture of shared mission.
The Automation & Robotics Technician will work with cross functional engineering teams to troubleshoot and install a comprehensive array of innovative automation solutions. Within this role, you will repair and maintain computer-controlled systems and robotic devices used within industrial and commercial facilities to reduce human intervention and maximize efficiency.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Perform basic robotic programming.
- Repairs, modifies, and maintains automation equipment.
- Assists with new equipment modifications.
- Troubleshoots automated machinery production runs by solving technical issues.
- Trains on automation machinery and set-up.
- Performs PLC programming.
- Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- Ensures that work instructions are up to date.
- Orders parts and materials as needed.
- Builds fixtures, guarding, etc., as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience and Physical Requirements include:
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Associate degree is strongly preferred.
- 2 years of robotic and automation machine building experience is required.
- 2 years of PLC experience is required.
- Solid mechanical problem-solving skills is required.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. is required.
- Able to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color determination, and adjustment of focus is required.
- Occasionally required to bend, twist, climb, kneel and balance.
- Occasionally required to use hands to grasp, reach and operate objects, tools or controls.
Foxconn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Foxconn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.