Foxconn Industrial Internet (Fii) provides innovative design and advanced manufacturing capabilities through Artificial Intelligence driven solutions. Dedicated to the expansion of AI-driven platforms, Fii centers around Cloud Based Computing, Big Data, High-Speed Networks, Automation, and Industry 4.0 methodology. Join an expansive network of professionals who embody an entrepreneurial spirit that works together within a company culture of shared mission.
The Electronic Technician will be responsible for performing functional testing, inspecting and component level troubleshooting of complex Printed Circuit Boards and Assemblies.
1st shift, Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm
2nd shift, Monday-Friday, 3:30pm-Midnight, +10% shift premium
3rd shift, Sunday-Thursday, Midnight-7:00am, +15% shift premium
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Troubleshoot and repair failures; diagnose root cause and recommend corrective action.
- Monitor and maintain testing station performance.
- Research component datasheets when necessary to distinguish operational characteristics and functional Inputs/Outputs.
- Ensure Repair Technicians follow standard testing process.
- Conduct manual soldering; Thru-Hole, SMT, Leadless, BGAs
- Use complex equipment for troubleshooting and repair duties, including an 3DX-Ray system, Solder Pot, and Rework Station
- Train Repair Technicians and Test Technicians on new and existing testing procedures and product troubleshooting.
- Guide Repair Technicians on soldering techniques used during repairs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements and Preferred Experience Include:
- 2 year technical degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience is highly desired.
- Strong understanding of printed circuit board testing procedures
- Experience reading prints, schematics and other manufacturing documents
- Experience performing functional testing
- Knowledge in the field of Electrical Engineering with a specialization in Printed Circuit Board technologies and the components utilized therein is required.
- Written and verbal communication skills to achieve all deliverables within team environments is required.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 5S standards is desired
- Understanding of QMS “Quality Management System” and ISO-9001 standards.
- Ability to work in both team and individual environments with minimal supervision is required.
- Effectively communicate with peers and management to meet quality and timeliness objectives
- Knowledge of soldering technologies and workmanship standards (IPC-A-610/ J-STD-001).
- Expert manual soldering skills, Thru-Hole, SMT, Leadless, BGAs
- Use all electronics equipment, DVM, Oscilloscope, Network Analyzer, Waveform Generators, LCR Meters, etc.
Foxconn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Foxconn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.