Facilities Manager – Electrical Engineering
Foxconn Industrial Internet USA (Fii USA) provides innovative design and advanced manufacturing capabilities through Artificial Intelligence-driven solutions. Dedicated to the expansion of AI-driven platforms, Fii centers around Cloud Based Computing, Big Data, High-Speed Networks, Automation, and Industry 4.0 methodology. Join an expansive network of professionals who work together within a company culture of one shared mission.
The overall responsibility of the Electrical Engineer is to ensure Foxconn WVSTP equipment/processes are properly maintained and operable to meet company and customers objectives in a safe, efficient, and effective manner. Also, ensure projects are managed to meet company, customer, and regulatory requirements.
Essential Job Functions and Task:
- Manage engineering projects and deliver them on time.
- Collaborate with engineers and technicians to design and apply new system processes.
- Manage contractors as needed regarding projects, etc.
- Conducting inspections to ensure that equipment/systems are operating in a safe condition.
- Operate and troubleshoot the power supply systems, including high voltage electrical switchgear, electrical transformers, low voltage power distribution units, and emergency power generator to operate, manage and ensure a reliable power supply system for the Power substation of the Foxconn WVSTP.
- Conceptualization, engineering design, analysis, specifications, calculations, and documentation of hardware and/or electrical systems for use in a manufacturing facility.
- Develop electrical and power system equipment and installation specifications, field installation, and pre-startup/operational checkout procedures and troubleshooting guidelines.
- Electrical Tools Hookup Works: Co-work in designing the electrical supply schematic according to equipment or process tools requirements and the electrical power and cabling meets the requirements at the point of use.
- Optimize monthly utilities and energy consumption of the facility and come up with cost-saving measures.
- Working with Design or Project Management organizations on large-scale designs and projects.
- Construction administration & site observations for warranty contractor work.
- Daily system operation and data analysis
- Schedule and supervise the performance, preventative maintenance of both routine and emergency services on critical systems, including but not limited to switchgear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution for both low and high voltage equipment.
- Monitoring and managing utility distribution for system needs including instrumentation and control.
- Routine system preventative maintenance and troubleshooting planning and implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or other related technical fields.
- At least 5+ years of experience managing and working with medium to high voltage electrical distribution gear.
- Professional knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and practices.
- The employee may be required to work outside normal working hours, including evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- On-call during off-hours for emergency situations.
- Experience with electrical systems operations in the manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Experience working with MS Office, AutoCAD, and Revit
- Licensed Professional Engineer a plus.
- Understanding of electrical engineering codes and safety standards.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Proficient in the use of test meters and other diagnostic equipment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Formally trained in NFPA 70E – Arc Flash Hazards Safety Requirements (Highly Desirable)
- Experience in LEED Energy practices and green energy initiatives (Highly Desirable)
- Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Prolonged periods of standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
Foxconn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Foxconn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.