IT Help Desk Technician
Foxconn Industrial Internet (Fii), is a world leading professional design and manufacturing service provider of communication network equipment, cloud service equipment, precision tools and industrial robots. FII provides customers with intelligent manufacturing services for new forms of electronic equipment products centered on the Industrial Internet platform.
Foxconn is currently seeking a IT Help Desk Technician (Microsoft) to support our team in Wisconsin. This individual will be responsible for answering helpdesk tickets, installation and maintenance of hardware/software, ensuring system backups have been completed successfully, handling new user setups, and daily/weekly/monthly tasks
- Provide Help Desk support for all internal PC users. Diagnose issues and create and implement resolutions
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Troubleshoot and configure Group Policies, Organizational Units, and Domain tree.
- View log files for errors.
- Use Microsoft and third-party software tools for troubleshooting and fixing system performance issues, modifying GPOs, and validating configuration parameters.
- Basic network troubleshooting, TCP/IP and DNS and be able to troubleshoot basic LAN and WAN network routing issues.
- Basic VDI troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing problems
- Provide technical assistance with application issues (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, IE Firefox, Classify for Outlook, NXPowerlite, Chat client).
- Patching and troubleshooting hosts
- Wiping of incoming devices, backup/restore assistance, coordinating and assisting with hardware rollout rooms, delivery of equipment, hardware imaging, inventory reconciliation and other assigned tasks
- Ability to read and write Standard Operating Procedures for standardization.
Education Requirements, Ideal Experience:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or IT relevant area
- 1-3 Years relevant experience (Helpdesk support experience, Desktop support experience, Ticketing system experience)
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 administration experience a plus
- TCP/IP and Microsoft Networking concepts
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
Foxconn Full-Time, Permanent Employees:
- Accrue ten (10) personal days off and ten (10) vacation days off during calendar year.
- 401K savings plan eligibility upon completion of three (3) months of full-time employment.
- Ten (10) paid Holidays.
- Group Health Insurance Plans the first day of the month following the date of hire.
Foxconn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Foxconn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.