Manufacturing Process Engineer
Foxconn Industrial Internet (Fii) provides innovative design and advanced manufacturing capabilities through Artificial Intelligence driven solutions. Dedicated to the expansion of AI-driven platforms, Fii centers around Cloud Based Computing, Big Data, High-Speed Networks, Automation, and Industry 4.0 methodology. Join an expansive network of professionals who embody an entrepreneurial spirit that works together within a company culture of shared mission.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer develops, implements and maintains methods, operation sequences and processes in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. This person will identify opportunities to improve production processes to reduce cost using expert knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Perform research, design and development of manufacturing processes including; production flow, assembly methods and production equipment placement and operation.
- Support multi-shift operations, while applying continuous improvement methods to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities or implements changes to improve production process to reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Designs, develops, tests or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency improvement.
- Maintains product lines by implementing changes to improve manufacturability and increase production yield.
- Applies failure analysis to determine root causes of problems and failures and develops solutions or recommends changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Evaluates equipment requirements, cost analyses, and proposals for integrating machinery and equipment into manufacturing process.
- Coordinates all pre-production activities including sample evaluation, design qualification and prototype production.
- Prepares documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Determines parts supply, maintenance tasks, safety procedures, and service schedule required to maintain machines and equipment in prescribed condition.
- Assist technicians and/or maintenance with building and/or assembly of various machines and equipment when necessary
- Other Duties as Assigned
Education Requirements and Ideal Experience Includes:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with and knowledge of solid modeling, AutoCAD engineering design software, and engineering materials and their properties.
- 3+ years of experience in SMT manufacturing operations environment is highly desired.
- 3+ years of experience working within electronic assembly environment is highly desired.
- Flexibility to work off shift schedule as needed.
- Knowledge of ECR / ECN engineering processes.
- The ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally with all levels of supervision on the status of jobs is required.
Foxconn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Foxconn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training