Foxconn Industrial Internet (Fii) provides innovative design and advanced manufacturing capabilities through Artificial Intelligence driven solutions. Dedicated to the expansion of AI-driven platforms, Fii centers around Cloud Based Computing, Big Data, High-Speed Networks, Automation, and Industry 4.0 methodology. Join an expansive network of professionals who work together within a company culture of one shared mission.
The SMT Machine Operator will oversee automatic assembly equipment to produce high quality complex printed circuit board assemblies
- 1st shift: Monday-Friday, 7:00am - 3:30pm
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Startup, set-up, operate, teardown, and shutdown assigned printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) machines to ensure quality product is produced.
- Responsible for monitoring equipment operation, maintaining supply levels, inspecting final product, cleaning the work environment, and performing light data entry.
- Loads components supplied in tubes or reels onto feeders, and loads feeders onto placement equipment.
- Adjusts machine speed and temperature while making other adjustments to accommodate varying types and sizes of products.
- Perform daily and routine maintenance on printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) machines.
- Communicate with SMT Process Technicians and Sr. Leadership to resolve machine and process related issues.
- Identify, initiate and implement continuous improvement solutions for process optimization, cost reduction, and yield enhancements.
- Analyze machine production to identify and resolve systemic process and performance issues.
- Read and correctly interpret printed circuit board documentation.
- Assist with troubleshooting SMT line when needed.
- Use and handle small hand tools for the assembly of printed circuit boards efficiently.
- Use microscope or other magnifying devices as is necessary to complete manufacturing process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements & Ideal Experience Includes:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Experience operating Surface Mount Technology (SMT) machines is highly preferred.
- Experience Operating CNC Machines desirable.
- Must have fine manual dexterity skills and the ability to follow standard work instructions, drawings and schematics.
- Must have the ability to adhere to quality standards.
- Must be able to set up and operate automated SMT assembly equipment including Screen Printer, Glue Dispensing Machine, Pick and Place Machine, and Reflow Oven Able to maintain accurate job tracking records.
Physical Requirements & Mental Demands Include:
- Must be able to adapt to stressful situations and complete projects under tight deadlines.
- Medium physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 30 pounds.
- Requires walking, standing, repetitive bending and some climbing during the day.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Specific vision abilities are required including; close and distance vision, the ability to identify colors, hand/eye coordination, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Foxconn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Foxconn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.