Foxconn Industrial Internet (Fii), is a world leading professional design and manufacturing service provider of communication network equipment, cloud service equipment, precision tools and industrial robots. FII provides customers with intelligent manufacturing services for new forms of electronic equipment products centered on the industrial Internet platform.
The Surface Mount Production Supervisor will coordinate and direct activities on assigned shifts for all SMT production personnel that includes the oversight and training of Technicians, Inspectors, Line Operators, Hand Solder’s and more. The Supervisor role will be a major component to current and future operations and is overall responsible for providing a safe working environment, while producing high quality products that meet customer specifications.
- Supervise and coordinates activities of workers engaged in SMT Operations.
- Coordinates production that meets or exceeds all engineering, approval agency, and customer requirements
- Test, analyze incoming customer requirements, trouble-shoot, diagnose, repair when necessary utilizing various test equipment, manual tools, gauges, calipers, oscilloscopes
- Inspect components to ensure the machines are placing the correct parts, verify correct machine programs are loaded, change component reels on feeders, troubleshoot basic issues during production
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and work orders to workers, and assigns duties
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew
- Analyzes and resolves work problem, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Inspects Products to verify conformance to specifications and directs set up and adjustments of machines
- Maintains time and production records. Prepares daily and weekly productivity and downtime reports
- Confers with other Sr. Leaders to coordinate activities of individual departments
- Maintains knowledge of products built in assigned area.
- Identifies and requests necessary fixturing to improve assembly
- Follows established safety programs and maintains knowledge of safe working practices.
- Provides counseling, disciplinary actions, and performance reviews for employees and works with Human Resources to maintain performance and behavioral measurements of employees.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Education Requirements, Ideal Experience, Physical Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED Required
- Associate Degree, or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of hands on manufacturing experience in manufacturing operations of surface mount technology (SMT) and printed circuit boards (PCB)
- 5+ years of Supervisory experience
- Ability to work flexible work shifts
- Ability to work long hours on your feet
Foxconn Full-Time, Permanent Employees:
- Accrue ten (10) personal days off and ten (10) vacation days off during calendar year.
- 401K savings plan eligibility upon completion of three (3) months of full-time employment.
- Ten (10) paid Holidays.
- Group Health Insurance Plans the first day of the month following the date of hire.
Foxconn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Foxconn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.