Sr. Software Engineer - 4G/5G
Foxconn Industrial Internet USA (Fii USA) is a world leading professional design and manufacturing service provider of communication network equipment, cloud service equipment, precision tools and industrial robots. FII provides customers with intelligent manufacturing services for new forms of electronic equipment products centered on the industrial Internet platform.
This is a 4G/5G Radio Access Network System and 4G LTE/5G NR Protocol stack design position.
This position has responsibility for researching, reviewing, designing, implementing, testing, and verifying 4G/5G small cell base station, 4G/5G Core Network system, and small cell management system.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Design, development, and verification for embedded Linux system, including board bring up, BSP, peripherals include CPU, DDR, FALSH, LED, GPIO, etc.., IP networking programming, shell/scripting programming.
- Design, development, and verification for 5G Core Network System on ARM or x86 based platform, including SMF/UPF/AMF/MME, etc.
- Design, development, and verification for 4G eNodeB/5G gNodeB protocol stack, including L2 protocol (MAC, RLC, PDCP) and L3 Protocol (RRC, S1AP, X2AP).
- Design, development, and verification for Small Cell Management system, including TR-069, YANG model, Netconf.
- Development test utility for manufacturing, HW design verification, and testing automation.
- Create and maintain technical design documents and user documents.
- Support product integration and applications, field testing on customer side.
- Must be able to travel internationally to support prototype manufacturing or customer oriented on-site joint design.
Education Requirements and Ideal Experience Includes:
- Candidate must possess a BS or MS degree of Compute Science, Information Technology, or Communication Engineering degree.
- Must have work experience in telecom design and development preferably with complimentary experience in 4G/5G communication system firmware/software design and development.
- Candidate needs significant work experience in one or more areas of the software modules design expertise; Embedded System, 3GPP L2/L3 protocol stack, Evolved Packet Core, 5G Core network, Home eNodeB Management System, TCP/IP/UDP network.
Experience in any of the following areas is a plus.
- 3+ years’ work experience in LTE/5G protocol stack and good understanding of 3GPP specifications.
- - 2+ years Software Application Engineering, Software Development experience, or related work experience.
- Familiar with C/C++ software development on embedded system
- Familiar with OS kernel/principle, Linux is a plus.
- Familiar with Java/Python/Shell Script language
- Familiar with Qualcomm tools, ex: QXDM, QDART
- Familiar with IP network debug tools: ex: Wireshark, TCPDUMP
- Knowledge and experience in LTE/LTE-A/B4G/5G relevant technology is a plus, especially in C-RAN, RRH/Small Cell, HetNet, RRM, MTC, D2D, UDN, SDN, NFV, SON, transport network, Ethernet, IP networking, network management.
- Good understanding to Linux/BSP and embedded system SW development.